Who is Lene Shaw?
Hi! My name is Marlene Shaw (Lene for everyone), and I am a Panamanian who has lived in Finland since 2017.Let me tell you a little about myself, I was born in the province of Coclé specifically in Penonomé, a city that is 2 hours from the capital. I lived in Penonomé with my family until I was 6 years old and then we moved to Panama, it cost me to get used to the city, since I came from a place where I had a lot of space to run, play and have fun, but the most important thing is that it was close to me. family and friends.
Why Finland? In 2016 I met Olli a fine boy and after having a long distance relationship with several trips in between, we got married and my next adventure of moving to another continent began.
This blog will be like my diary where I will tell about my experiences as an immigrant in Finland and also teach the beauties that this country has to offer from education to tourism.
Next, I want to tell you 10 curiosities about me:
- I love animalsin general, but I love cats.Throughout my life I have had several pets such as rabbits, fish, parakeets, dogs and cats.I currently have a cat named Kasperi.
- I love reading fantasy, mystery and romance books.When I was a child I didn't like to read, I was too bored but after grabbing my first book (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone) I couldn't stop shopping and reading. Once I pick up a book, I can't stop reading until I'm done.
- I love to draw and paint.One way to express how I feel is by painting and drawing the first thing that comes to mind.
- When I am sad or anxious, I like to clean up and put things in order.Cleaning calms me down, I feel that as I cleanse my anxiety decreases and my thoughts change and I also come up with the best ideas.
- I love tattoos, although I don't have any yet.I would like to get a tattoo, but I am afraid of needles, maybe in the future I will dare.
- I love avocado.Avocado is a very versatile vegetable, you can make from brownies, salad dressings, eat it alone or with sugar and finally use it in salads.
- I would have liked to study archeology.I love history and knowing more about our past and how that shaped our different cultures.
- I'm a bit of an introvert.My friends will say that this is not true, but at first I can be a bit introverted and quiet but when I gain confidence I am more outgoing.
- I'm afraid of the dark.I hate sleeping in completely dark rooms, I need the windows to be slightly open so that a little light enters the room otherwise I cannot sleep.
- I like to watch unsolved crime documentaries.It is not out of curiosity, but I find it interesting how some errors can trigger that many crimes have not been solved.I hope you like my blog and if you have any comments or would like to collaborate with me, do not hesitate to write to me.